- Log into Cricut Design Space. Click on new project.
- Go to the upload icon.
- Click on upload image.
- Click on browse.
- Select your design - it will appear in the left window. I am using a design from the bird heart paper cut SVG at designbundles.net. Click save.
- Your design will now appear in the recently uploaded image section. Select it and click insert image.
- Your design will appear in the design space. Resize to the correct size you need.
- Make sure your design is in the top left. You can adjust that in the X and Y position on your top toolbar.
We now need the rectangles to separate your design so we can cut a large image. Go to the shape tool.
- Select your shape and resize to a rectangle.
- Cover 1/2 the design with the rectangle. Make sure it is positioned in the top left also.
- Duplicate the rectangle. Place the rectangle over the other 1/2 of the design. you can line this rectangle as well using the X and Y position tool.
- With both the rectangles selected right-click and send to the back.
- In the layers tab select the design and one of the rectangles. Click on the slice tool at the bottom of the layers tab.
- Separate the sliced parts. You will now have two halves of your design. you can delete all the excess sliced parts.
- Click on Make it. The design will now be in 2 parts
- The second 1/2 of the design will be able to cut next. And you can adhere the 2 halves together.
This technique can be repeated many times with 4 or more squares or rectangles to cut even bigger designs.