I know some of our products contain the PAT file format. This is a pattern image file used by graphics programs for creating a pattern or texture across an image. For this tutorial I will be using a product from the Plus Store https://designbundles.net/plusstore/549649-stay-at-home-vector-clipart-and-seamless-pattern
Not everyone has Photoshop so I will use a free program called Photopea https://www.photopea.com
This platform can be used directly from your internet browser without the need to download.
- Start by opening a document. You can either open the file you are working on or start a fresh file. For this tutorial I am going to open a new file. Do this by clicking File - New
- Click New then name your file and enter your file dimensions.
- Some patterns including these designs, come with a transparent background, these instructions allow you to create your own background colour. If this is the case please follow these steps. If your PAT files already contains a coloured background move to step 7.
Select the paint bucket tool.
- Click on the colour box
- Select your colour and click on the white background to change the colour
- Click to open a new layer
- Locate the search option and search for pattern. You need to select ‘Pattern Fill’
- Click the bottom right corner of the pattern box.
- Select load PAT and load your pattern file.
- The patterns will now appear in your pattern box.
- Select the pattern you wish to use and fill the selected layer by clicking on the main file. You can change the scale of your design here.
- To change the background colour, select the layer and fill as you did in step 4
- Export your design by selecting file, export as, then your chosen file format.
I hope that was helpful. You can use the same method to fill shapes, fonts and more.
If you have any questions, I am happy to help.