I had a lot of fun making these and I hope they will trigger some playtime creativity in your projects.
I made Toybox Friends with childhood fun with toys in mind which makes them ideal for any kids designs, like birthday invitations, stickers, cards, party posters. But they’re also great to add some playfulness to brands (especially to the yummy, endulgent, sweet types....), pillows, T-shirts or any textile venture.
There are 37 personalities to play with and they come as line drawings and solids, which gives you 72 all up. You will get them in black or in a range of colors. Of course they are completely editable but I’ve added the colour combinations I used, as Toybox swatches to your Illustrator or EPS files.
With each file you also get an additional 118 pattern swatches ready to add as backgrounds or accents to paper designs, business cards, invites, cushions, anything that needs some smiles added.
NOW TO THE NITTY GRITTY BITS:
- To edit the line drawings just select and change colour. The files have 2 layers, one for the ‘lil personalities and a second one because I had to add some dots, stars and hearts, just for the fun of it and for a little extra.
- The solid characters have 3 layers, one with the fun extras (it can be locked if they get in your way), one with the solid inner part and one with the outer outline of the Personalities. For changing colours you can lock and select layers more easily this way. Currently the outer outlines have a white fill but if you turn that to transparent you will have the background show through which can look great too.
- The patterns can be resized easily:
Make sure you have ‘Transform Pattern Tiles’ checked in Illustrator Preferences (Preferences > General > check ‘Transform Pattern Tiles’ box > click OK.
Add your pattern to any shape and select the box with the Selection Tool, then double click the Scale Tool to open it up, uncheck ‘Transform Objects’, check ‘Preview’ so that you can see what the Pattern looks like. Then type any percentage you want to scale to into the Uniform scale box or simply put your cursor into the Uniform scale box and use the up or down arrows on your keyboard to scale.WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
- 37 solid Toybox Friends in black: as AI, EPS (from CS3 to CS6) and PDF files
- 37 line drawing Toybox Friends in black: as AI, EPS (from CS3 to CS6) and PDF files
- 37 solid Toybox Friends in colour, includes the 8 swatches of the colours I used: as AI, EPS (from CS3 to CS6) and PDF files
- 37 line drawing Toybox Friends in colour, includes the 8 swatches of the colours I used:as AI, EPS (from CS3 to CS6) and PDF files
- 118 Patterns included in each of these files, as swatches but also added as a separate swatch file so you can import directly into any Illustrator project.
- Bonus pack of 14 fun and playful shapes: as AI, EPS (from CS3 to CS6) and PDF files.
Ok, nuff details. If you have any questions or problems please get in touch and let me know. I will try my best to resolve or explain anything.
I hope you have fun playing with the Toybox Friends and making beautiful designs!Thank you!